Sunday, July 18, 2010

Gina's Brown Sugar Bacon

I saw this recipe on the Food Network while watching "Down Home With the Neely's". They wer making breakfast and eveything sounded so good. I originally planned to make the whole breakfast in April when Jarom's parents were visiting and then they didn't come down, so I just held onto it and put away for another time. Well, that time came earlier this month when my cousins came for the night on their drive back home from Southern California. It is a bit on the spicy side to for me, so next time I will have to tone it down a bit, but Katie called and asked for the recipe last week because she had a craving for it. After they left, I took some to the neighbors and they raved about it too. Enjoy!! Thanks Pat & Gina for this awesome recipe!!

1/4 c. light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 lb. thick-cut bacon, 8 slices

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix brown sugar, cayenne, and black pepper together in a medium bowl. Add bacon and toss.
3. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack (I also added a sheet of waxed paper under it to help with cleanup and less cooked-on sugar) and lay bacon on the rack. Patt any remaining spice mixture on the bacon. Put the baking sheet on the top rack of the oven and bake until crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven to a serving dish and let cool slightly before serving.

8 Servings

No comments:

Post a Comment