Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lemon Pasta with Roasted Shrimp

I was very excited about this recipe from Ina Garten on the Food Network. It was another dish I serve last Friday with our dinner with friends. It was good, but I was expecting a bit more of a punch of lemon and it left me wanting to taste more citrus. The shrimp were very good and overall it was a good dish. Next time, I will add more lemon juice and zest.

2 lbs. shrimp, peeled & deveined
olive oil
salt and pepper
1 lb. angel hair pasta
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted (I only used 2 tbsp.)
2 lemons, zested & juiced

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the shrimp on a sheet pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Toss well, spread them in one layer, and roast 6-8 minutes, just until they're pink and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, drizzle some olive oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add the angel hair, and cook al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Quickly toss the angel hair with the melted butter, 1/4 c. olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 tsp. salt (I left out this extra salt), 1 tsp. pepper and about 1/2 c. of the reserved cooking liquid. Add the shrimp and serve hot.

Serves 6

No comments:

Post a Comment