Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Deviled Eggs

I have never made Deviled Eggs until this past Easter. I had to go off memory of watching my mom make then when I was growing up and using my tastes to come up with my filling. With that, here is what I came up with, of course there are as many versions of Deviled Eggs as there are people in the world. It is one of those foods that can be prepared a number of way with any number of ingredients.

6 Hard boiled eggs, shell removed
2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1/3 c. mayonnaise
Dash of Salt
Dash of Pepper
Paprika

1. Cut each egg in half, lenghtwise and remove yolk. Put yolks in a bould and eggs on a plate.
2. In the bowl with the yolks, add mayonnaise and mustard and mix well, until creamy and well blended. Stir in garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into plastic ziploc bag and snip a corner.
3. Squeeze mixture from bag into hard boiled egg whites until full. Sprinkle the tops with paprika and serve. Refrigerate until ready to eat and any leftovers.

12 eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment