Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cranberry Chicken

I had come across a recipe for Cranberry Cutlets at some point over the holidays for using leftover cranberry sauce, but when I was ready to make it I forgot where I had seen the recipe, so I took the idea and made my own Cranberry Chicken.

1 can Whole berry cranberry sauce
1/4 c. onion, finely chopped
Dash of cinnamon
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. black pepper
8 chicken breasts

1. Mix together cranberry, onion, cinnamon, garlic and pepper.
2. Arrange chicken breasts in baking dish. Spoon 1-2 tbsp. of prepared sauce over each chicken breast and spread evenly over each breast.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is done and no longer pink in the middle.

NOTE #1: This dish serves will with rice and or a salad with dried cranberries on top.

NOTE #2: Any leftover sauce can be used on pork or turkey or cooked in a crockpot with turkey meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment