Friday, February 18, 2011

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips

This has become a fast favorite and it is healthy, as the chips are baked not fried and they use butter flavor cooking spray, instead of butter or margarine. I cannot remember where I got this recipe as, I wrote it down on a recipe card but I didn't note it in my notebook that I have here. However, I shared this recipe last year and the original post will have that source.

2 kiwis, peeled & diced (I used 1/2 c. chopped fresh pineapple)
2 apples, peeled, cores & diced
8 oz. raspberries, cut in half
1 lb. strawberries, washed, stemmed & diced
2 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. brown sugar
3 tbsp. fruit preserves, any flavor (I used cherry)
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
butter flavor cooking spray
2 c. cinnamon-sugar

1. In a large bowl, combine fruits, sugars, and preserves. Mix thoroughly. Cover and chill at least 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Coat one side of flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture and spray with cooking spray again. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Arrange on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. bake wedges 8-10 minutes until slightly golden. Allow to cool and serve with fruit salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment