Friday, October 2, 2009

Black Forest Cookies

I'm SO excited about these cookies!! I was looking through my pantry to see how many packages of Craisins I had because Jarom asked if I would make some more Oatmeal Cranberry cookies for him soon. Among the regular Craisins, I found and orange flavored Craisin package and a cherry flavored Craisin package. Well, on the back of the package is a recipe for these Black Forest cookies and I decided that I had to make them this weekend while I make the others for Jarom. I make up a few batched of dough these days, bake some and freeze the rest for future use. I can't wait!!

1 11.5 oz. pkg. of milk chocolate chips (I prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 6 oz. pkg. Ocean Spray Craisins Cherry Flavored Dried Cranberries
1 c. pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 3/4 c. of chocolate chips into a microwave safe dish and set the remaining chips aside. Microwave chips for 2 minutes on high. Stir chocolate until smooth.
2. Stir in brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder, mixing until thoroughly combined. Stir in remaining chocolate chips, Cherry flavored Cranberries and nuts.
2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed and set to the touch. For a firmer cookie, bake for 14 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.

About 2 1/2 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment