Saturday, October 3, 2009

Butterflied Korean Pork Tenderloin

One more recipe from my August/September issue of Cooking Pleasures from the staff and editors of the magazine. I used pork chops instead of tenderloin so I didn't have to cut it and and pound them thin. They aren't real thick to begin with. Before I get to the recipe, I thought I'd just share with everyone that whenever provided with the recipe/source, I am going to include the nutritional information in the new "nutritional information" section at the end of the recipe. Most things I make, with exception to desserts are pretty healthy, but when I use Weight Watcher recipes they are on the healthier side. I wanted to contribute to helping you make nutritious and yummy meals for your families.

MARINADE:
2 (1-1 1/4 lb.) pork tenderloins OR 4 porkchops
1/2 c. soy sauce
4 green onions, sliced (I didn't have any so I just used some chopped white onion)
4 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
2 tbsp. dark brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. dark sesame oil
1 tsp. molasses

GARNISH:
1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
1/4 c. green onions, sliced diagonally
Lime wedges

1. Make a long cut in center of each tenderloin running the length of the meat, stopping about 1/4 inch from edge. Spread open; gently flatten with heel of your hand. Place each tenderloin between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness.
2. Place tenderloins in 13"x9" glass baking dish. Combine all remaining marinade ingredients in a small bowl; pour over pork, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate 16-24 hours, turning occasionally.
3. Heat grill. Remover tenderloins from marinade, shaking off excess; discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or coals 5-8 minutes or until pale pink in center, turning once. Remove pork. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes.
4. Slice each tenderloin; garnish with sesame seeds, 1/4 c. green onions and lime wedges.

TIP: Toast sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequenlty.

6 servings

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 205 calories, 7.5g total fat (2.5g saturated fat), 30.5g protein, 4.5g carbohydrates, 65mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 1g fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment