Friday, October 2, 2009

Lime Grilled Chicken

I thought I would get my recipes that I'm using this weekend, up now since my weekend went from doing absolutely nothing to trying to complete a list of odd jobs around the house. I will get the pictures posted for each one as I make them and take pictures. Tonight for dinner, we are grilling chicken that I've had marinating all morning and the rest of the day. This is another recipe our of my August/September 2009 Cooking Pleasures magazine, and it was submitted by Audra Pyle of Edgewood, Texas.

Lime Grilled Chicken-Grilled


1/4 c. olive oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 medium to large jalapeno chile, seeded, deveined and minced (I took out this ingredient and replaced it with 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper to get that kick)
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped (I think I used more like 1/4 c.-I like cilantro)
1 tsp. pepper (I used Lime Pepper)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning (I took out the salt and poultry seasoning and use 1/2 tsp. Motreal Steak Seasoning)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

Marinating the chicken:

1. Combine all ingredients except chicken in large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; refrigerate 1-4 hours. (I put our chicken in a baking dish and poured the marinade over the top and marinated it over night-turning the chicken over once in the morning).2. Heat grill. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or coal 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink in the center, turning once.

4 servings

NOTE: I know I made a lot of changes, creating pretty much a completely different marinade, but I adapt flavors as I go based on what my family likes. And while Jarom and Jenna can handle quite a bit of spice and heat, I cannot, so I have be careful with the hot stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment