Thursday, October 1, 2009

Honey-Baked Pears

This was so yummy! I'm not big on pears, but decided that I had to give this recipe a try. I found it in my October 23rd issue of All You on page 96.



2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. honey
1 c. crushed graham crackers
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. apple-pie spice (I'm not a big fan so I just used cinnamon)
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted (I forgot about this ingredient and so it was left out of my dish)
3 pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir lemon juice with honey and 1/2 c. water in a small bowl until blended. In a separate bowl, blend graham cracker crumbs with sugar and apple-pie spice, then stir in melted butter.
2. Layer pears in an 11"x7" baking dish and sprinkle with half of the crumb mixture. Pour honey mixture over pears and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. bake about 25 minutes, until pears are tender when pierced with a knife, topping is golden brown and juices are bubbling. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, or let cool, cover and refrigerate to serve cold.

6 Servings

NOTE: 269 Calories, 9g of fat, 20mg Cholesterol, 4g fiber, 1g protein, 50g carbohydrates and 127mg sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment