Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gumdrop Fudge

This is another recipe, new to my annual Christmas goodies this year. I love gumdrops and I just could not pass up making this treat. I thought it would be too much with the white chocolate but surprisingly everything balances our just right. I found this recipe while I was the Taste of Home website looking at all the holiday baking recipes.



1 1/2 lb. white chocolate, chopped coarse (I used white chocolate chips-two 12 oz. pkgs.)
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/8 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. gumdrops, chopped (I used DOTS-2 large boxes- as out store was out or the sugar coated spice gumdrops, and I just cut them in half)

1. Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil.
2. In a large pan, heat chocolate, milk and salt over low heat until melted. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and gumdrops.
3. Spread into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Use foil to lift fudge from pan; cut into 1-inch squares. Store in airtight container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment