Thursday, December 17, 2009

Peanut Butter Balls

This recipe has always been apart of my Christmas goody tray and I have been making these with my mom since I was little. It is also a recipe I don't tend to share. There are many versions of Peanut Butter Balls but I have yet to find this exact recipe. I like to keep the recipe special between my mom and me. I have many dear memories making these with my mom & it is something that we never receive from anyone else and we always seem to be the only ones to make them and share them with family & friends. I like to keep things special like that so I contemplated long and hard about sharing this recipe. They are one of husband and Dad's favorites. As you can tell, I decided to share it. I hope you will treasure it as much and my mom and I do.

These are my Peanut Butter Balls-I can never get them to look as nicely rounded and coated in chocolate like my mom can. Hers look professional, mine look like a 6 year old did it.



2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. peanut butter (if you want a bit of crunch, you can use crunchy peanut butter)
1/4 c. butter or margarine (softened)
1 pkg. (12 oz.) chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet but it is a matter of taste)

1. Mix powdered sugar, butter and peanut butter until mixed well. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and set aside. You may store them in the fridge to firm them up before covering with chocolate.
2. In a double boiler, melt chocolate. Constantly stir chocolate until all melted and smooth. Be sure not to scorch the chocolate. It is best to use a low setting on the stove.
3. Drop peanut butter balls 2 or 3 at a time into chocolate. Roll around until balls are completely coated. Carefully remove each ball and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet to cool completely and chocolate sets.
4. Store in airtight container in fridge.

4 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment