Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Simply Sensational Truffles

This creamy, chocolaty delight comes from Kraft Food & Family magazine. Every year I make truffles at Christmas time, but I usually use a different recipe. This year, I decided to try something just a little different. My normal truffle recipe is a chocolate concoction that is chilled and them rolled in nuts, powdered sugar or sprinkles. This one however is dipped in chocolate.

On the outside, they look just like the Peanut Butter Balls but on the inside I assure you they are very different although just as yummy!


2 1/2 pkgs. (20 squares) Semi-Sweet Chocolate (I like Baker's)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

1. Melt 8 chocolate squares in double boiler (melts best if coarsely chopped).
2. Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy; stir in chocolate. Refrigerate until firm.
3. Shape into 36 balls. Place on waxed paper covered cookie sheet/tray.
4. Chop remaining 12 squares and melt in double boiler. Using a fork (I prefer to use a spoon by dropping them in, rolling them around a bit and gently picking back up) to dip truffles. Return chocolate covered truffles to tray. Decorate as desired (optional) and refrigerate at least 1 hour.

DECORATIONS: finely chopped nuts, sprinkles, powdered sugar or cocoa powder.

Makes 3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment