Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baked Mac 'N' Cheese

My cousin asked me about a macaroni and cheese. I'm very picky about my macaroni and cheese-it has to be creamy, not gritty; maybe with a little of the cheese browned crisp. My favorite recipe is a Campbell's soup recipe that I found in my "Campbell's Back Label Recipes" cookbook back in 2001 while we were living in Guam and I immediately fell in love with it. It has been my favorite ever since.

2 cans (10.75 oz. each) Campbell's condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 soup can of milk
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 c. hot cooked corkscrew pasta
2 tbsp. dry bread crumbs (I leave this ingredient out)
1 tbsp. margarine, melted

1. In 2 quart casserole dish, mix soup, milk, pepper and macaroni. In small bowl, mix melted margarine and bread crumbs together.
2. Sprinkle bread crumbs mixed with melted margarine over top. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment