Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Soupy Chicken

I have had this recipe since Jarom and I have been married. His mom gave it to me because it is one of his favorites. I tend to trade the Cream of Mushroom soup for Cream of Chicken and it is just as good. It calls for butter/margarine to be dotted on top but I leave that out too and it makes it a bit healthier. I'm sure it can be found on the Campbell's soup site too.

1 can (10.75 oz.) Cream of Mushroom soup
1 c. water
3/4 c. uncooked rice (not instant rice)
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp. butter/margarine

1. In a 2 quart casserole dish, mix soup, water, paprika, pepper and rice together. Top with chicken. Sprinkle additional paprika and pepper on top; dot with butter/margarine and cover.
2. Bake covered at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. (I bake it covered for about 30-35 minutes and them remove the foil and finish baking it-it give the top of the chicken and top layer of rice a bit of a crunch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment