Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Double Chocolate Peppermint Bark

Just when I thought I was done baking for Christmas, I went and did some more. My neighbor was talking about peppermint bark last week and it's been in my head ever since. What can I say? I couldn't help myself...I made two versions of peppermint bark and here is the first version. It's not hard and I didn't use a recipe. I think maybe it could use a tad more peppermint extract, but I'll let you and my neighbor decide if it is strong enough.



1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (12 oz.) pkg. white chocolate chips
1 tsp. peppermint extract (I used McCormick's Pure peppermint extract)
1/2 c. peppermint candy, crushed

1. Line 9x13 baking dish with waxed paper and set aside.
2. In a double boiler, melt semi-sweet chocolate. Once chocolate is melted, add 1/2 tsp. extract and mix in thoroughly. Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate until set, about 30-60 minutes.
3. Once semi-sweet layer is set, melt white chocolate in double boiler until melted. Mix in 1/2 tsp. extract. Pour white chocolate over semi-sweet set chocolate, spreading evenly over top.
4. Top with crushed peppermint candy and refrigerate until set, an additional 30-60 minutes. Once set, lift out of pan and remove wax paper. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment