Saturday, December 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Balls

This one is a family tradition. My mom and I have been making these for years and even though we are in separate states, we both still continue the tradition and make them at our respective homes.



2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. butter or margarine, soft
1 (12 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips

1. Mix together sugar, peanut butter and butter until well mixed. Roll into 1" balls and set aside.
2. In double boiler, melt chocolate.
3. Drop each ball into chocolate and roll around to coat completely. Put on wax paper lined cookie sheet and allow to cool and set. (I let them set up in the fridge and then I transfer them to an airtight container and put them in the freezer until I'm ready to put them on my treat trays.)

4 dozen

1 comment:

  1. My PB balls call for rice krispies in them. It makes them real light and just yummy. I usually don't dip all of mine in chocolate because it makes me really sick. So instead I drizzle it on some.

    ReplyDelete