Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Peppermint Bark

This is the second version of peppermint bark, I made without a recipe. It wasn't until I had the chocolate spread into the pan that I saw a recipe for it on the pack of the peppermint extract box. That is where the red and green food color swirling came from-I would never have thought to do that on my own and they said to use one or the other but I used both. My recipe is almost their exact recipe, but I used less extract.



1 (12 oz.) pkg. white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1/2 c. peppermint candy, crushed

1. Line 9x13 baking dish with wax paper, set aside.
2. Melt chocolate in double boiler until smooth. Mix in extract. Pour chocolate into baking dish and spread into pan in an even layer.
3. top with crushed peppermint candy. Refrigerate 30-60 minutes or until set.
4. When set, lift out of pan, remove paper and break into pieces.

1 comment: