Saturday, December 18, 2010

Iced Pumpkin Cookies

I LOVE these cookies. They are so soft and not too sweet. I've been making them for about five years now and I make them at Thanksgiving and Christmas.



1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 c. shortening
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. canned 100% pure pumpkin
White cookie icing

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets if not non-stick.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, egg, shortening and vanilla.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir into creamed mixture and then stir in pumpkin.
4. Spoon dough onto cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes; remove from cookie sheet immediately to cooling racks to cool.
6. Once cookies are completely cool. drizzle icing on top. (I put it on in a swirl design and I use a small melon ball size scoop for smaller cookies that I bought from Pampered Chef)

4 dozen

2 comments:

  1. I am salivating here. I LOVE LOVE LOVE pumpkin ANYTHING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! I so LOVE these little pumpkin cookies and they are so soft and moist. Not too sweet-the icing gives them a bit of sweetness but it's just right. I'll make you some for New Year's and bring them over. :o)

    ReplyDelete