Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Best Ever Meat Loaf

From my trusty Campbell's cookbook.  I love this recipe.  Since it takes two pounds of ground beef, if I have any elk or deer hamburger, I substitute one pound with it.  Because of the low fat content it doesn't usually stay in it's slices very well.  I could easily buy ground beef with higher fat content to help that but our house doesn't buy beef with more than 7% fat in it...I try to only buy 4% fat.  :o)

1 can (11 oz.) Campbell's condensed Italian Tomato Soup (regular works just as well, it's a matter of taste)
2 lb. ground beef
1 pouch Campbell's Dry Onion Soup & Recipe Mix
1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1.4 c. water

1.  Mix 1/2 c. tomato soup, beef, soup mix, bread crumbs and egg thoroughly.  In a baking pan, shape firmly into 8x4 loaf.
2.  Bake at 350 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes or until meatloaf is done.
3.  In a saucepan, mix 2 tbsp. drippings, remaining soup and water.  Heat through.  Serve with meat loaf.

Serves: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment