Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quick Barbecued Beef Sandwiches

Another recipe from Campbell's that I've made a few times.  I always put in in my crock pot on low.  It really only needs a couple hours just to heat through.  After a couple hours, I usually turn my crock pot down to warm off of low.  The recipe calls fro cooking it in a Dutch oven-it's up to you.  I made a few changes-instead of cooking the onion in oil first I substitute a packet of onion soup mix; plus a I add a little barbecue sauce to add a little more zing.

1 tbsp. vegetable oil (or 1 pkt. Onion Soup Mix)
1 medium onion, chopped  (or 1/4 c. BBQ sauce)
1 can (26 oz.) Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup
1/4 c. water
2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 lbs. thinly sliced cooked roast beef (I used Hillshire Farms lunch meat)
12 round sandwich or hamburger rolls, split & toasted

1.  In a Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil.  Cook onion until tender.
2.  Add soup, water, sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire.  Heat to a boil.  Cook over low heat 5 minutes.  Add beef (I slice the beef the long way into strips).  Heat through.  Divide meat mixture among 12 rolls (add a slice of provolone or mozzarella, if desired).

Serves 12

No comments:

Post a Comment