Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mexican Spice Turkey Meatballs

I love to make my own meatballs and I enjoy playing around with the flavor and texture. I've had a few flops when they turn out too dry or being too spicy but I think I finally got one I like and they are healthier because they are made with ground turkey instead of ground beef.

1 lb. ground turkey
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 c. bread crumbs
2 eggs

1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together well.
2. Form into 1" meatballs.
3. Cook in a non-stick skillet or skillet sprayed with cooking spray, 6-8 at a time, turning once, about 15 minutes on medium-high. If they aren't completely done cooking, you can leave them in the skillet for an additional 5 minutes on low, covered. Or just brown the outsides and finish cooking in a pan sprayed with cooking spray at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment