Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chicken Boudine

I was looking for a recipe to use my ground chicken in and found some inspiration from Paula Deen. My version is slightly different, because I'm picky and I don't like mushrooms and pimentos. It reminds me of lasagna with the pasta, sauce and cheese. It was very yummy.

1 lb. ground turkey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
salt & pepper
1 pkg. pasta, cooked (I used bow tie pasta)
2 c. shredded cheese (I used mozzarella and cheddar)
2 c. tomato or spaghetti sauce
small can of sliced mushrooms (or you can use some fresh broccoli, like I did)

1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
2. Brown ground chicken with garlic, onion, salt and pepper, until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain off fat; there shouldn't be much. (I just used a slotted spoon to remove the chicken from the pan into the bowl).
3. In a large bowl, combine chicken, pasta, sauce, 1 c. cheese and mushrooms. Spread into prepared pan. Top with remaining 1 c. cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted. (I cook mine a bit longer. Just until the cheese lightly browns on top.)

8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment