Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Since starting boot camp in February, I've been eating a lot more fruit and vegetables and I'm finding out just how much I enjoy lemon and lime flavors in my food and this one is no exception. I love the hint of lime and sweetness of the honey with the fruit. This recipe comes from www.greatpartyrecipes.com.

12 c. fresh fruit, bite size pieces (strawberries-halved or quartered, whole seedless grapes, cantaloupe, honey dew, apricots-quartered, whole raspberries, whole cherries, pineapple, kiwi, sliced banana)
1 c. broken nuts (not whole, but larger than chopped)

1. Combine all fruits in a large bowl. Gently stir in the nuts and the dressing.


Dressing:

1/3 c. fresh lime juice
Zest of 1 lime
3/4 c. honey

1. Combine all ingredients and fold into salad.

16- 3/4 c. servings

No comments:

Post a Comment