Monday, April 4, 2011

French Breaded Asparagus-Roasted

I'm new to asparagus. I didn't like it growing up, but as I get older and my palate evolves and matures I'm rediscovering foods. My neighbors steams or roasts her asparagus and that is what I was going to-I found a roast asparagus recipe and then when I took the band off the asparagus, there was a recipe attached. However, it called for it to not only be breaded but fried. Well, that defeats the purpose of trying to eat healthy and lost weight so I made a compromise. I used the seasonings in the recipes, but stuck them in the oven and roasted them, instead of frying...it was so GOOD! Definitely a keeper.

1 lb. fresh asparagus
olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese

1. Cut off the white ends of the asparagus and discard. Spread on baking sheet (for easy clean-up, line up with foil) and brush with olive oil.
2. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
3. Roast in the oven at 375 degrees fro 10-15 minutes, until tender-crisp.

4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment