Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rachael Ray's Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

I love these meatballs! Not just because they are only 105 calories for 4, but because they have taste and a punch. I did make one little change. Instead of making the sauce with the butter and hot sauce, I just put 2 tbsp. of hot sauce in the mix. With my veggies, I used ranch dressing because I don't care for bleu cheese. I know. I know. I'm so picky.

1 lb. ground chicken
1/2 small onion, grated
2 cloves garlic, grated
1/2 c. parsley, chopped
extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. hot sauce
bleu cheese dressing
baby carrots
celery sticks

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, onion, garlic, and parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Flatten meat in the bowl and score it into 4 portions using side of hand. Shape each portion into 4 meatballs.
3. Arrange meatballs on a nonstick sheet pan and drizzle them with olive oil. Place the pan in the oven and bake the meatballs 10-12 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
4. While the meatballs are baking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add hot sauce and whisk to combine. Toss baked meatballs is sauce to coat.
5. Pour bleu cheese dressing into a bowl and serve alongside meatballs, carrots and celery.

4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment