Monday, August 3, 2009

Greek Karbohnahrah

Oh my goodness, this is so incredible yummy. It is another dish my aunt made for our birthday dinner. It's not exactly healthy with all the cheese and cream, but it is so good. Because I'm such a picky eater, I don't put in the pepper or mushrooms. Somtimes I will split the dish in half and do one half with the pepper and mushrooms for Jarom and the other half without.



1/2 lb. bowtie pasta
1/4 lb. smoked bacon, cooked and diced
1/2 lb. cooked ham, diced
1/2 lb. gooda cheese, grated/shredded
1 c. canned mushroom slices, drained, rinsed and diced
1 green pepper, seeded and diced
1 3/4 c. heavy whipping cream
1/4 c. water
1 tsp. salt

1. Cook pasta according to box directions, but slightly underdone; drain and rinse.
2. Toss pasta with bacon, ham, green pepper, mushrooms and half of the cheese. Toss to mix well. Add cream and water and toss again.
3. Put mixture in casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot or warm.

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good, Trisha. I have used evaporated milk instead of heavy whipping cream and I've used half and half - to cut down on fat in pastas. I may try that with this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Holli! I'll have to remember that next time, as well as let my aunt know. Weight Watchers is the diet in our family so we are always looking for ways to make things healthier and minimize the points. :o)

    ReplyDelete