Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oatmeal-Pineapple-Papaya-Mango Cookies

In our house, we've had Oatmeal-Raisin and Oatmeal-Cranberry Cookies so I had this idea to check what other dried fruits I could find and try. I have dried cherries in the cupboard and and some orange-cranberries to try too, but I haven't made them. Yesterday, however, I decided I wanted to try other dried fruits. Safeway has these Island Inspirations and in it is dries chunks of pineapple, papaya and mango. They turned out really good. This one is a keeper. The recipe is from my first cookbook during childhood, The Cookie Book by Eva Moore.

1 c. brown sugar
1/4 vegetable oil
1/4 c. milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. quick-cooking oats
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Safeway Island Inpsirations (cut into raisin size pieces)

1. In mixing bowl, mix together sugar, oil, milk, egg and cinnamon until well blended.
2. Add flour, baking powder and salt and milk until well blended.
3. Add in oatmeal and then dried fruit.
4. Spoon teaspoonfuls of dough onto greased cookie sheet and bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
5. Remove from cookie sheet to wire racks and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment