Monday, February 1, 2010

Fresh Salsa

I have been wanting the SlapChop for sometime and Jarom bought me one for Christmas. With it, of course, comes some recipes. Jarom loves salsa, so I wanted to try out my new SlapChop and make him some fresh salsa. However, I ended up giving this first batch to our neighbors because the serrano chiles made it too hot for Jarom. This week, I'm making some more without the chiles, but I'm going to add some garlic. As for what to add to spice it up just a bit, I have no idea, I'm still brainstorming but I will post my revised recipe once I've got it.



3 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 c. finely diced onion
5 serrano chiles, finely chopped
1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. lime juice

1. In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, onion, chiles, cilantro, salt and lime juice.
2. Chill for one hour in refrigerator before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment