Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips

This is another recipe that came with my Slap Chop and it got RAVE reviews from everyone! Because of the season, I had to change some of the fruits, but it was just as good...obviously.

2 kiwis, peeled & diced (I decided to use fresh pineapple that I cut up and froze from the summer season)
2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored & diced (I used Fuji apples)
8 oz. raspberries (I used frozen and thawed them, and cut them in half)
1 lb. strawberries
2 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. brown sugar
3 tbsp. fruit preserves, any flavor (I used cherry)
10 (10-inch) flour tortillas
Butter flavor cooking spray
2 c. cinnamon sugar

1. In a large bowl, combine fruits, sugars and preserves. Mix thoroughly. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture and spray with butter flavored cooking spray again. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges each. Arrange on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake tortilla wedges in preheated oven 8-10 minutes until slightly golden. Allow to cool and serve with fruit salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment