Sunday, February 21, 2010

Homemade Salsa

The basis recipe comes from my Slap Chop. The Slap Chop recipe calls for 5 serrano chiles and with my first test run of making this salsa I put those chiles in there and it was too hot. My poor Jarom's eyes started to tear almost immediately. My second go, I did not add the chiles, but added a few different ingredients of my own, some fresh garlic, a little black pepper and some red bell pepper. MMM! I got a lot of compliments on it and this salsa is a definite keeper.

3 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 c. onion, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. lime juice


1. In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients.
2. Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving.

*Serve with tortilla chips, on tacos, or add to dish of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment