Sunday, February 21, 2010

UFC 109 Fight and Super Bowl Sunday

I have not been in the kitchen a lot cooking new things. I haven't really been in the kitchen a lot at all this month. However, Super Bowl weekend was a BIG weekend and I was in the kitchen cooking and playing away. After all, I wasn't just cooking for the game on Sunday but for the UFC fight on Saturday night. We invited the Schaefer's over for both events as well our neighbors the Subletts. The Schaefer's were here both days for both events and Wallace came over for the fight on Saturday night. Even though the neighbors did not come over on Sunday I did take over a couple plates filled with all the foods I made for us to snack on.

Both days, had pretty much the same items but I added a few new things on Super Bowl Sunday. The menu for the fight on Saturday:
-Salsa and tortilla chips
-Meatballs with a Tart Cherry Sauce
-Snickerdoodles
-Fresh cut veggies and ranch dip
-Mini turkey and ham sandwiches
-Ritz crackers and cheese (Colby-Jack & Aged White Cheddar)

On Sunday, I added a few more items that I was really looking forward too:
-Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
-Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla chips
-Zesty BBQ Chicken Tender Bites

In the posts to follow, I will share all these great recipes with you, plus one extra. I made Chicken Basil Calzones last week, that is a new recipe and they turned out great! I will be sharing that too. Now, onto the my Super Bowl weekend recipes and when I'm done sharing those six recipes I will share the calzone recipe.

...On with the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment