Sunday, September 27, 2009

Chamomile Cauliflower Soup

I have not made this recipe and I never will. Not only am I not a fan of cauliflower but neither is my family. Once in a blue moon, I will much a piece or two if it is fresh, but cooked cauliflower is about as appealing as having a tooth pulled to me. However, I know many of my family and friends enjoy cauliflower and this recipe may just be right up your alley.

6 Celestial Seasonings Chamomile tea bags
3 c. water
1 lg. head cauliflower, cut into 3-inch pieces
1/4 c. onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 tbsp. butter
Salt & pepper, to taste

1. Boil water and tea bags in a large saucepan for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags, squeezing the excess liquid into the pan. Add the cauliflower to the tea, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the liquid.
2. In a plan pan, saute the onions and celery in the butter until the onions are clear. Put in a blender with the cauliflower, salt, pepper and reserved liquid. Blend until smooth and serve. For a thinner soup, reserve and add more liquid; for thicker soup reserve and add less.

4 servings

Source: Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger Herbal Tea. 2002. Hain Celestial Group, Inc. Original recipe from Cooking With Tea cookbook. Siegel, Jennifer & Mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment