Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Strawberry Muffins

I had some strawberries that I needed to use up that I took out of the freezer. I deliberately went searching for a strawberry muffin and found it in the first cookbook I took out-my Cupcakes & Muffins cookbook.



1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. uncooked old-fashioned oats
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. milk
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped fresh strawberries

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 12 c. muffin pan cups with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in oats and sugar. Combine milk, butter, egg and vanilla in small bowl until well blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in strawberries. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
3. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Remove from muffin pan to wire rack; cool 10 minutes before serving or in airtight container.

12 Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment