Sunday, September 20, 2009

Zucchini Ribbon Pasta Salad with Parmesan Curls

I fixed this dish this evening along with our grilled pork chops. It was pretty good, but I didn't buy enough zucchini for the recipe. I made one change and actually sauteed the zucchini with the garlic, lemon juice and peeel and pepper in just a tiny bit of olive oil, but I think next time I won't and it will be just as good and refreshing.

3-4 Medium Zucchini
2 garlic gloves
1 tsp. salt
1/3 c. extra virgin Olive Oil
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 oz. refrigerated Fettucine
1/3 c. fresh julienned basil
1 tbsp. grated lemon peel
2 oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved into curls (I used shredded)

1. With vegetable peeler, shave zucchini lengthwise into long thin ribbons.
2. With the side of a chef's knife, mash garlic and 1/2 tsp. salt into a paste (I just minced my garlic, it was easier). Combine zucchini, garlic, oil, lemon juice and pepper in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight (yeah, I skipped this step).
3. Cook fettucine according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
4. Toss zucchini mixture with half of the basil, lemon peel and remaining salt. Add fettucine, toss. Add half of the cheese curls and toss. Serve topped with remaining cheese curls and basil.

Serves 6, 1 serving = 1 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment