Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chocolate Fudge Sauce

I needed and ice cream topping for our vanilla ice cream and when I came across this recipe while looking for another recipe, I decided I had to try making this. It is super yummy but very rich, so you don't need a lot. I found the recipe in my Award Winning Chocolate cookbook and the recipe was submitted by Trudy DeFelice of Columbia, South Carolina.

1 1/4 c. sugar
1 c. baking cocoa
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. whipping cream
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. unsalted butter, but into 8 pieces
2 tsp. vanilla

1. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and cinnamon. Add cream and milk; mix well.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes, remove from heat; cool 15 minutes.
3. Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
4. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Stir before serving.

Makes 3 cups

NOTE: I use this sauce to top my ice cream tacos just before adding the peanuts at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment