Saturday, September 26, 2009

Lemon Grilled Chicken with Garlic-Ginger Corn

Just about all my recipes for dinners the rest of September and half of October are from my August/September 2009 Cooking Pleasures magazine. I say just about all because the majority of my desserts this month are from one of my Weight Watchers cookbooks. Cooking Pleasures is a magazine put out every other month by the Cooking Club of America. I love to try new recipes and keep variety in our meals so I love to get this magazine. Since it doesn't come every month it gives me plenty of time to try everything in the magazine, if I so choose.

I enjoyed this meal, but I didn't really taste the lemon. I will just have to play with the measurement next time. The chicken was nice and juicy and the vegetables were savory and crisp. Yummy!



2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 tsp. salt, divided
1/4 tsp. pepper, divided
8 oz. sugar snap peas (about 2 cups)
4 green onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic gloves, minced
2 cups fresh corn kernels (I used canned corned, but I rinsed it with water)
2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced

1. Combine 1 tbsp. oil, lemon juice and lemon peel in a small bowl. Place chicken in a small baking dish; brush with lemon mixture. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp. each of the salt and pepper, turning chicken to coat both sides.
2. Heat grill; oil grill grates. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or coals 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning once. Remove chicken. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook and stir peas, green onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add corn, ginger and remaining 1/8 tsp. each of salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 2 minutes. Serve chicken with corn mixture.

2 Servings



Source: Cooking Pleasures magazine. August/September 2009. Cooking Club of America, p. 48.

No comments:

Post a Comment