Friday, November 20, 2009

Rosemary-Mustard Ham

Well, since I'm up at this hour and the hubby won't be up and out the door for work for another hour when i can go grocery shopping, I decided to start sharing some of my 2009 Thanksgiving dinner recipes with you. All my Thanksgiving recipes are new this year. I got this particular recipe from the Splenda website. Pictures will be posted after I make each recipe on Thanksgiving Day.

1- 5 lb. bone-in ham, fully cooked
1/2 c. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. orange juice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. clove (I don't care much for close, taste or smell, so I will not be using)
1/4 c. Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 tbsp. fresh Rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp. allspice (I will probably use extra cinnamon)
1/4 tsp. salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Use a sharp knife and score the top of the ham in a diamond pattern and stud with cloves. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
3. Bake 40 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine mustard, Splenda, orange juice, rosemary and spices. Remove ham from oven and brush a thick layer of glaze all over ham. Return to oven and bake 30-45 minutes more, or until thermometer reads 135 degrees. Brush ham two more times with glaze during baking time. Cover ham with foil and let stand 15 minutes before carving.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 270 calories, 6g fat, 2g saturated fat, 115mg cholesterol, 1900mg sodium, 7g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 45g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment