Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving Recipes

Hello all!

I just wanted to leave a little note to all who read my recipe/food blog. I appreciate your patronage and cherish your comments and tips. I love to hear about whenever you try one of the recipes I feature that I've made who family and friends have enjoyed. I love to cook and bake and I love to serve my family all the wonderful things I come across, so keep coming back and trying the recipes and don't forget to leave me a comment about how your family enjoyed it and if the kids enjoyed helping you make it.

This weekend, before family comes to town, I am going to share all my Thanksgiving recipes. This year, I'm not using my normal recipes for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm trying some new things with new and refreshing twists that I think not only my guests will enjoy but I think you will too. Also, all my desserts, except my rice crispy treats are going to be made with Splenda this year, to accommodate some special diets. Plus, it healthier.

I have a large menu planned and I only know for sure of 6 of us being here to eat it. However, I have invited many more to join us, I just haven't heard whether or not they are going to join us. Oh well, more for us if they don't come! I love Thanksgiving dinner.

I wanted you have an idea of what dishes I'm making, I will tell you each dish that will be featured but you won't know the recipe name until I post it. Some have no recipe, however. Stay tuned and be prepared to salivate as you read each recipe and leave your computer very hungry, craving your upcoming Thanksgiving meal! My menu: turkey, ham, stuffing, rolls, green beans, yams, potatoes, gravy, cranberries, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, apple pie, chocolate pudding pie, regular and chocolate rice crispy treats, crackers & cheese, fresh veggies & dip. These menu items you will see featured on this blog in a recipe: ham, stuffing, rolls, green beans, yams, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, apple pie, chocolate rice crispy treats, regular rice crispy treats. Along with Thanksgiving dinner recipes, I have a few others that I'm going to share, too, that we are going to use with leftovers. Yummy!!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Oh yes, I am thankful for many, many things, but here are some of them: my husband and out 11th wedding anniversary (the day after Thanksgiving) our parents and siblings (amongst our many other extended family relatives), our babies, home, and work. I have been so blessed in my 30 years by our wonderful, loving Heavenly Father. I know that I will continually be blessed as I live out the rest of my 30, 40, 50, 60 or maybe ever 70+ years here on earth because He is that wonderful.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment