Monday, July 13, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars

I have no idea where I got this recipe. The card does not have a reference. I don't know why, but for some reason when I copied down the recipe from whatever source it came from I didn't note that source. I apologize, but if someone has this recipe and knows where it came from I would much appreciate the information so that I can update my card and credit the source on here accordingly. Now, onto the recipe.



1 pkg. Devil's Food cake mix
1/2 c. butter, melted
2/3 c. cold milk
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1 jar Marshmallow creme
1/2 c. salted peanuts
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (regular or mini)

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix cake, butter and 1/3 c. milk in medium bowl until well blended; press 2/3 of mix into bottom of greased 13x9 inch pan. Bake 12-14 minutes or until center is almost set; cool for 3 minutes.
3. While cake is cooling, mix peanut butter and milk until blended and smooth. Spread mixture over cake crust.
4. Top with spoonfuls of marshmallow creme and remaining cake mixture.
5. Sprinkle top with nuts and chocolate chips; lightly press into top of mixture.
6. Bake 18-20 minutes or just until center is set. Cool before cutting into bars.

Makes 32 bars.

*This recipe may be frozen for up to one month. Be sure to wrap it tightly and thaw before serving.

NOTE: While I enjoyed making this dessert, I did get a little flustered with the spreading of the peanut butter mixture over the cake crust part. Because the cake is not completely set and not cooled all the way, it is very fragile and tears easily. I found it a bit hard to evenly spread the peanut butter mixture over the top; even using my fingers to help spread it instead of a spatula was a bit difficult. Take caution when doing this part and be patient-it's not frosting a cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment