Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mini Cinnamon Rolls

I came up with this one morning this past May when Jenna just moved in with us and Jerry and Carla were heading back home to Oregon the same morning. I didn't want to make a big breakfast and I didn't have the time to make cinnamon rolls from scratch and then the light bulb came on in my brain. I had a Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade moment. I had a can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits and I got so excited and headed to the kitchen and this is what became of my aha moment.



1 can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
1 tbsp. cinnamon (I like a lot of cinnamon, you can adjust to your liking)
1/2 c. brown sugar
8 tsp. spreadable butter or margarine; plus 2 tbsp. (I use Country Crock)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray casserole or pie pan with Pam.
2. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar.
3. Open can of biscuits; using a rolling pin roll each biscuit out like a pancake to about 1/8 inch.
4. Spread each flattened biscuits with about 1 tsp. of butter/margarine. Sprinkle
each with a teaspoon (actual spoon you would use to eat with) of cinnamon and sugar; press into butter/margarine lightly.
5. Roll up each prepared biscuit and cut into fourths, about an inch wide.
6. Arrange them tightly together in pan.
7. With the remaining 2 tbsp. of butter/margarine and using a pastry brush, spread it over the top of the mini rolls. Sprinkle them with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes.

Makes 32 mini cinnamon rolls, 3-4 per person = 8-10 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment