Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fried Rice

I have made this a few times. Originally, I used a recipe but it isn't hard to do or remember and you adapt and add or subtract ingredients as you go, to taste or to make it the way you liek it. No peas or carrots in my fried rice, though. Yuck!

(This picture does not show fried rice with any meat or the green onion.)

3 c. cooked rice
2 green onions, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper, to taste
2-4 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. oil
Cooked chicken or pork, cooked and chopped small, optional

1. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in wok. Once oil is hot, add egg, salt and pepper and lightly scramble. Remove from wok.
2. Add 1 tbsp. oil to wok and heat up, add rice and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes. Add soy sauce. Start with 2 tbsp. and increase as you wish, to taste. The more you use the more salty the taste.
3. Add egg and cooked meat. Stir fry 3-5 more minutes. (I like my rice browned so I tend to cook it longer than most fried rice recipes.)
4. Top with green onions and serve. (I tend to add a little more pepper too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment