Friday, July 31, 2009

No Frying Chicken Parmesan

I love chicken parmesan! This is not my WW recipe, but it is similar to it. I have no idea where this particular recipe came from because once again I did not make note of it.



4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 egg, beaten
3/4 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Dip chicken into egg and then bread crumbs. Be sure to coat the chicken well.
3. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes and gently turn. Pour pasta sauce over chicken, then top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. (After the first 20 minutes when I turned the chicken, I let it bake an additional 10 minutes before topping with sauce and cheese.)

OPTIONAL: Serve with cooked pasta.

NOTE: My chicken breast halves were very large and thick, so I cut them in half lenghtwise to make them into more appropriate serving sizes and to allow them to cook more evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment