Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Turkey Joes

This is another recipe that I've had for a number of years and once again did not write down the source from which I got it. Tonight, I made them for the first time. Jenna has a few friends down for a couple days, so I needed something that would make enough for all of us. I made these, oven roasted potatoes and cut up some cucumber for a vegetable since I didn't have salad. It was the closest I could get to salad.



1/2 c. onion, chopped
1/2 c. celery, chopped
1 tsp. vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
1 lb. ground turkey
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cumin
4 toasted English Muffins

1. Brown ground turkey, drain and set aside.
2. In a skillet add oil, onion and celery and saute. Add ground turkey back into skillet and add remaining ingredients, except English Muffins; mix well and continuously stir until warmed through.
3. Serve each English Muffin half with about 1/2 c. of meat mixture.

8 servings

NOTE: This is a low calorie, lof fat meal with 215 calories, 19.5 grams of protein, 4 grams of fat, 24.7 grams of carbohydrates, 40 milligrams of cholesterol, 2.4 grams of iron, 302 milligrams of sodium and 81 grams of calcium.

No comments:

Post a Comment